THREAD LOCKING: LOCTITE DRI-LOC
Acting as both a thread locker and sealant our LOCTITE® DRI products provide excellent resistance to vibration loosening of threaded fastener, and nuts. These dry-to-the-touch pre-applied coatings remain inactive on the fastener until assembly of the threads releases a quick curing resin. The resin fills all voids in the mating threads then cures to form a tough polymer which eliminates movement and provides a total seal. Let our knowledgeable staff assist you in choosing which LOCTITE® DRI product is best for your application.
Processed parts resist and seal against most automotive fluids. Oil, water, antifreeze, and gasoline have virtually no effect on performance once the final cure has been achieved.
LOCTITE® DRI processing can be specified in a variety of colors for easy part inspection and in different strengths to fit the desired application.
HIGH TEMP & TORQUE SENSITIVE
LOCTITE® DRI applies material formulations which are specifically intended for use in high temperature or torque/tension sensitive applications.
FAST FIXTURE TIMES
After installation parts typically fixture in under 5 minutes. However to reach full strength it is recommended to allow a full cure of 72 hours.
LOCTITE® DRI processing is available with a variety of colors for easy part inspection and in different strengths to fit the desired application.
SURPASSES IFI STANDARDS
LOCTITE® DRI processed parts meet or exceed all torque requirements of IFI 125, IFI 525, as well as automotive adhesive coated fastener performance specifications.
- Saves Time: Processed fasteners can be automatically fed through standard feeding devices – speeding up your workflow and improving productivity.
- Saves Money: LOCTITE® DRI THREADLOCKING processing is less expensive than hand applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly. It also eliminates the need for costly lock washers, cotter pins or castellated nuts.
- Quality Control: Pre-Applied LOCTITE® DRI THREADLOCKING fasteners are coated to specification, ensuring consistent performance, unlike the variation from hand applying bottled products.
- Reliability: Under most operating conditions, processed parts are unaffected by vibration or reversal of stress and greatly reduces the need to re-tighten fasteners.
- Materials used with LOCTITE® DRI processing have an on part life of 4 years. Subject to proper handling, ambient (which includes temperature and humidity) and dust free storage conditions.
- Typically the first one to three threads from the end of the fasteners are left free of material to assure ease of starting.
- It is recommended that LOCTITE® DRI THREADLOCKING processed parts are not reused.
- Water based acrylic materials should be tested for compatibility on application specific organic zinc fasteners with lubricated top coatings.